BSNL 3G customer always wonders how to check 3G Data usage in their data cards or in IPAD. In order to provide better quality service to i...
The 3rd Generation Mobile network has been launched by BSNL,MTNL,& DOCOMO .Other operators were provide these services very soon.The pr...
RELIANCE 3G : REL 3G : RCOM 3G -PLANS-TARIFF-RATES-COVERAGE DATA CARD SPEED-3G INTERNET SPEED and many more.............. Reliance Mobiles ...
Wednesday, December 22, 2010
IDEA Cellular-The largest mobile service operator in Maharashtra and Goa circle having 1,12,81,376 GSM subscribers 3G coverage is now spotted on its main holding states. The IDEA 3G Signals are Live in various parts of Pune City like in Aundh, Pune University, Baner Road, Pimpri, Chinchwad, Shivaji Nagar, Swargate and Pune Station, Camp.The operator will launch its 3G Mobile and Data services by end of 2010 and further roll out will be done during first quarter of year 2011 across all the 11 telecom circles where it has 3G Spectrum.
To find out weather your area is 3G covered by following these simple steps using a 3G phone.Get a 3G handset and go to phone settings > set Network Mode to WCDMA/UMTS > then search for Networks Manually > It is expected that u will have Cellone/Dolphin (thats BSNL/MTNL) and IDEA 3G if available.
IDEA has bagged 3G spectrum in 11 circles including its strong hold circles like Maharashtra-Goa and Madhya Pradesh.
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Due to unlimited critics from all over Indian Docomo users ,TATA DOCOMO makes some changes to their internet data tariff plans using mobile.BSNL and Reliance also introduced 3G with an affordable rate but Docomo made disappointment to the existing and new Docomo users.Now it has made some changes in its 3G Data offerings (only for Data Usage via Mobile Phone) and has come up with some new Special Tariff Vouchers and Sachet Packs for prepaid 3G subscribers.Take a look to the new Tariff plan by clicking on the below image.(Use zoom too)
Now we can also hope that coming days will reduce the 3G Tariff from other competitors...
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
One of the largest GSM Mobile Service operator AIRCEL today launched a dedicated 3G page on its website for its subscribers regarding the next generation Mobile and Data services.
The Aircel 3G page on its website gives an Overview of what this technology is and what it can do. It provides information on Aircel 3G Zones established in Chennai, Hyderabad, Cochin, Coimbatore and Bangalore wherein one can explore the upcoming 3G mobile and data services with speed up to 21.1 Mbps.
In 3G Spectrum Auction, AIRCEL emerged as the biggest spender which bagged 3G license for its strong hold areas and covers almost South and East region of the country. It has 3G spectrum in 13 circles – Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka,Tamil Nadu (including Chennai) Kerala , Punjab, U.P (East), Kolkata, West Bengal, Bihar & Jharkhand, Orissa, Assam, North East, and Jammu & Kashmir.To get in more analysis on upcoming Aircel 3G, check out this link Aircel 3G
As other private 3G service provider’s 3G Web page, Aircel also uploaded the FAQs related to 3G and has a section where subscribers can register for 3G services. Aircel isn’t the first operator to create a 3G web-page, Tata Docomo, Bharti Airtel, Reliance Communications (RCOM) Idea Cellular and Vodafone Essar had already unveiled the 3G dedicated web-page on their websites.
AIRCEL 3G Website launched-Aircel 3G Zones-Aircel 3G FAQ
Reliance Communications yesterday launched the most awited 3G Services in the metro Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and state of Chandigarh, while it will be launching 3G services across all 13 telecom circles, where it holds 3G licenses, by end of 2010-2011.
Prashant Gokarn, 3G Head – Reliance Communications said that “Reliance 3G services will offer the widest bouquet of cutting edge services including Video Calling, Mobile TV, Video Streaming and Applications accessed at superfast speeds ubiquitously on a variety of Mobile and Personal computing devices”, “ A superior network with 100% optic backhaul, thousands of content rich applications delivered in an easy-to-access mode on a mobile screen, Personalization options and simple tariffs including daily sachet packs are the 4 pillars that will create a significant differentiation for Reliance 3G services amongst customers”, he added.
RELIANCE 3G Tariff:
100 MB – Rs 100
500 MB – Rs 399
1 GB – Rs 649
3 GB - Rs 899
10 GB – Rs 1499
21 GB – Rs 2100
Pay As you go: Up to 50 MB 10p/10 KB, above 50 MB 1p/10 KB
Reliance has 3G licences for the following circles:
Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Punjab, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, West Bengal, Himachal Pradesh, Bihar, North East, Jammu & Kashmir, Orissa and Assam.
Monday, December 13, 2010
Difference between HSDPA and HSUPAWe all heard about HSDPA nad HSUPA technology in 3G Mobiles.But most of them didn't understand what itt means or what is the main difference between HSDPA and HSUPA.Here we can try to reduce our doubts...
- In the downlink, the shared resource is transmission power and the code space, both of which are located in one central node, the NodeB. In the uplink, the shared resource is the amount of allowed uplink interference, which depends on the transmission power of multiple distributed nodes, the UEs.
- The scheduler and the transmission buffers are located in the same node in the downlink, while in the uplink the scheduler is located in the NodeB while the data buffers are distributed in the UEs. Hence, the UEs need to signal buffer status information to the scheduler.
- The WCDMA uplink, also with Enhanced Uplink, is inherently non-orthogonal, and subject to interference between uplink transmissions within the same cell. This is in contrast to the downlink, where different transmitted channels are orthogonal. Fast power control is therefore essential for the uplink to handle the near-far problem. The E-DCH is transmitted with a power offset relative to the power-controlled uplink control channel and by adjusting the maximum allowed power offset, the scheduler can control the E-DCH data rate. This is in contrast to HSDPA, where a (more or less) constant transmission power with rate adaptation is used.
- Soft handover is supported by the E-DCH. Receiving data from a terminal in multiple cells is fundamentally beneficial as it provides diversity, while transmission from multiple cells in case of HSDPA is cumbersome and with questionable benefits as discussed in the previous chapter. Soft handover also implies power control by multiple cells, which is necessary to limit the amount of interference generated in neighbouring cells and to maintain backward compatibility and coexistence with UE not using the E-DCH for data transmission.
- In the downlink, higher-order modulation, which trades power efficiency for bandwidth efficiency, is useful to provide high data rates in some situations, for example when the scheduler has assigned a small number of channelization codes for a transmission but the amount of available transmission power is relatively high. The situation in the uplink is different; there is no need to share channelization codes between users and the channel coding rates are therefore typically lower than for the downlink. Hence, unlike the downlink, higher order modulation is less useful in the uplink macro-cells and therefore not part of the first release of enhanced uplink.Shoot your doubts below on the commenting section..
Friday, December 10, 2010
Vodafone 3G Webpage Goes Live from Friday
Vodafone Essar has launched a dedicated 3G page on its website that will address subscribers' queries and concerns regarding this third generation network.
The telecom operator had won 3G spectrum in ten circles of Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Tamil Nadu, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh (E) and West Bengal. It plans to roll out services in the first half of 2011.This is a good news for all Vodafone users in India.The 3G page on its website gives an overview of what this technology is and what it can do. It also answers FAQs related to 3G and has a section where subscribers can register for 3G services. The page also enables mobile phone users to check whether their device is compatible with 3G.
Vodafone isn't the first operator to create a 3G webpage. Tata Docomo had unveiled a website called 3glife.com, which is dedicated to informing consumers about the benefits of 3G. The home page features a global 3G live stream that captures everything being said about 3G on the internet. Integrated across Twitter, Facebook, thousands of blogs, forums and news sites, it provides a real time conversation cloud around 3G.
Aircel 3G-Aircel Mobile VAS-Aircel 3G Chennai
Hyderabad based mobile technology company IMIMobile has announced that it will provide Aircel's 3G mobile VAS.The company demonstrated its 3G mobile VAS at the experience zones launched by Aircel in Chennai.The company's DaVinci 3G services deliver video on demand that can be streamed, subscribed to or downloaded, and allows users to access their favorite video content through an interface that is easy to use. Further, as the video portals provide visual prompts, service discovery, navigation and catalogue browsing are greatly streamlined, enabling end users to discover content and services best suited to them.
The video content is published in different categories and made discoverable through features such as full text search, automatic recommendations, top rated content, and top viewed content, along with promotional videos.The chief executive officer of IMImobile said "Widespread availability of 3G services is going to be an important milestone for telecom services in India and we at IMImobile look forward to playing our part in this evolution"
The 3rd Generation Mobile network has been launched by BSNL,MTNL,& DOCOMO .Other operators were provide these services very soon.The process to activate 3G on BSNL is provided below.The steps to activate other operators 3G services will provide soon through site as much as fast.Keep bookmark and stay updated with Latest 3G news.
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
Mobile communication is at the neck breaking point to all the users with lots of additions as packages and options, given by the Telecom industry. There are many Mobile operators in Tamil Nadu. Of course, in these recent days, many new operators have creped into the Tamil Nadu market, since they understood the raising trend of mobile communication drastically improves in Tamil Nadu. Bharthi Airtel being one of the oldest Telecom operators in India has a special region of interest in Tamil Nadu. Bharthi Airtel, also known as Airtel covers almost all the districts in Tamil Nadu, India.
Airtel 3G- Tamil Nadu has a wide range of communication towers installed at various parts of Tamil Nadu with their respective district head quarters in Tamil Nadu. In fact, Airtel has reached a very good customer base only because of the network coverage provided. All the districts in Tamil Nadu all covered under their Telecom signal pathway. Special care is taken and quality signal is delivered to all tourist places in Tamil Nadu.
Airtel, Tamil Nadu has a wide range of 3G offers available for its customers. They have two connections such as Prepaid and Postpaid that are available in all areas in Tamil Nadu. By prepaid, the customer gets the SIM card, recharges it with money and uses it as he wants. With a post paid connection, he needs to pay the money to the Airtel office, after his usage bill has been delivered to him.
To reach Airtel Customer care in prepaid division, just call 121 from your phone. An IVR will lead you the customer care executive. The customer care executives are well trained in Tamil and they deliver the best support possible.
Friday, December 3, 2010
BSNL introduced a new 3G plan exclusively for the students in India(Now applicable only at Rajasthan.The BSNL Yuva Rajasthan 3G Plan will cost Rs. 102 per month which provide Unlimited Free Group Callings, Unlimited Free Educational Data Access at 3.6 Mbps speed, cheapest Voice and Video Callings, Free 300 Local/National SMS, Free core talk value of Rs.50 and 50 MB 3G data usage on non educational site every month.3G Video call rate is very attractive @ 10 paisa per minute within college or institute, @30 paisa per minute within University or Board and @70 paisa per minute for all other calls.
“Yuva Rajasthan Education Plan”
|Name of Recharge coupon||Education Plan|
|Talk Value||Rs. 50|
|Free SMS (Local and STD)||300 (150 Local +150 National)|
|Free 3G/ GPRS data download limit||50 MB|
|3G/GPRS Data Download through Separate APN for participating universities / Institutes (bsnledu) of home state. (Rajasthan)||Unlimited Free|
|Other Tariff:|| |
|Voice Call Rates|| |
|With in college/ institute (L1)||Unlimited Free|
|Within University/ Board (L2)||10 P/Min|
|Inter University/ Board (Home State) (L3)||30 P/Min|
|All other local and STD calls outside CUG||50 P/min|
|Video Call rates|| |
|With in college/ institute (L1)||10 P/ Min|
|Within University/ Board (L2)||30 P/Min|
|Inter University/ Board (Home State) (L3)||70 P/Min|
|All other local and STD calls outside CUG||70 P/min|
|Local and STD SMS beyond free SMS||Rs. 0.05/SMS|
|International SMS||As per prepaid general plan|
BSNL 3G YUVA EDUCATION PLAN is applicable only for students, faculties of School, academic colleges or professional colleges and universities/Boards. All other charges as per Prepaid general plan
BSNL 3G Offer -BSNL 3G-Promotional Tariff-BSNL 3G India
BSNL Launches New 3G Prepaid Plan with Lowest Tariff . BSNL 3G prepaid GSM mobile subscribers in all telecom circles can enjoy Local Voice and Video calls at just 30 Paisa per Minute and All STD video calls will be chargeable at 50 paisa.
The details of BSNL’s NEW 3G Prepaid Tariff Plan Which is now available in all 3G enable service area of BSNL circles across India.BSNL offer new 3G Prepaid Connection at just Rs. 59. The starter pack comes with U-SIM (3G Sim card), after the activations of BSNL 3G SIM card the BSNL customer has to recharge with the FRC-120 for the desired 3G tariff plan which content the lowest tariff for voice,video calls and Data usage.
Bsnl now introducing many 3G Offers for the first innovative advantage in the 3G Market.
At the time of migration from 2G prepaid to 3G prepaid, the unutilized account balance in 2G will be carried forward to 3G.
Thursday, December 2, 2010
Tata Docomo became the first private operator to launch 3G services in India with slogan ’3G Life’ but as a surprise the their plans and tariff is quite higher than expected for the experts. Their 3G services are charged at 5 paise per second for normal calls and 0.66 paise for video calls. When compared with BSNL 3G tariff plans the Docomo 3G is quite costly and why shouldn’t it be since they have paid so much for gaining the access to 3G PAN India license.
All the 3G provider as of now have unlimited plans but they are not that straight forward plans for you. A prolific daily downloader of movies and games might not find it worthy and would prefer the normal optical wired or wireless broadband. Lets take a look at what all the 3 providers have in their 3G unlimited broadband plans.
BSNL did reduction in their 3G prices as that of announced just before the 3G launch by Tata Docomo to ensure that BSNL 3G still in the race. Also they introduced a 7 days free data download for the new customers which is striking news.
With BSNL you get unlimited access to Internet through 3G under their data plans which is charged at Rs 700 per month. Starting this November they have good plans for both postpaid and prepaid customers.
The following are the plans for unlimited data access to through Modem
- Rs 2000 with a validity of 60 days
- Rs 2500 with a validity of 90 days
- Rs 4200 with a validity of 180 days
Also they have slashed the prices of data card.So we can easily conclude that BSNL 3G is better than DoCoMo 3G
BSNL had setup 3G experience centers where we can see the live demo and experience the power of 3G.
- Video Call
- Video Conferencing
- Mobile TV
- Richer Multimedia Experience
- Videos on Demand
- Faster Video Streaming
- Online Gaming
- High speed Internet
- Internet Speed upto 21Mbps
Aditya Birla Group company Idea Cellular has finalised Ericsson, Huawei and Nokia Siemens Networks (NSN) as partners for providing equipment to launch 3G network. They are our 2G vendors. It makes more sense to have the same vendors for 2G and 3G, said by Sanjeev Aga, MD, of Idea Cellular.
Idea 3G Features
· Size: 71.5×26×11mm
· HSUPA/HSDPA/UMTS 2100MHz
· EDGE/GPRS/GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
· HSDPA 3.6M
· Data / SMS / USSD support
· Invoke browser option
· Rx Diversity (Optional)
· Improved design
· Compatible with Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7, Mac, and Linux OS (limited versions)
· Micro SD Card Slot
· 2 years warranty
Idea 3G Coverage and cities
Idea 3G Tariff
Idea 3G tariff and plans hasn’t been yet announced by the Idea Group and so we can’t give you estimate on tariff and plans.The service may start January-March of next year.
Idea Cellular is the winner in 3G licenses in 11 service areas—Maharashtra, Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh east & west.The company has also committed a capex of Rs 3,000 crore for the next 12-14 months for the launch of 3G services. Idea Cellular is expected to start the rollout of 3G services by the end of this financial year.
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
Bharti Airtel has chosen Ericsson India, Nokia Siemens Networks and Huawei Technologies as network partners to launch 3G services in India.These partners will plan, design, deploy and maintain a state-of-the-art 3G HSPA Network in Bharti Airtel 3G license circles. This deployment would enable Bharti Airtel extend its leadership position in the Indian market and meet the growing demand for high speed surfing and wireless entertainment in the country.
Bharti has awarded Ericsson, which is already its 2G partner, a majority of the 3G licenses, expanding the relationship. Nokia Siemens would handle Bharti's 3G networks across three circles in India while Huawei will handle 3G services for Bharti in a few other circles.
Bharti's 3G services which would be HSPA-enabled would ensure high peak user throughputs, multiple-times higher than those supported in current 3G networks said the company on Monday.
Bharti's 3G network will also support world class user data speeds and enhanced mobile broad band user experience.
Tags: Ericsson India, Nokia Siemens Networks and Huawei Technologies-Airtel 3G India
BSNL 2G Prepaid customers can recharge with a Special tariff Voucher of Rs.21 or just send SMS, ‘ACT3G’ to 53733 following which Rs.21 will deducted from their balance and they will be migrated to 3G for a period of 30 days. These migrated customers can experience Video Calling, High Speed Internet, Mobile TV etc at 3G charges while retaining their 2G Voice Plan.BSNL 2G Postpaid customers have to pay additional Rs.25 only per month to avail 3G services over and above their 2G services. The existing 2G Postpaid customers can also send SMS, ‘ACT3G’ to 53733. They can also approach customer service centres to subscribe 3G services .
BSNL 3G Services like Video calling, High Speed Internet with download speed up to 3.6 Mbps, and entertainment through ‘BSNL Live’ WAP portal containing rich contents like movies Music, Mobile TV, Video, Wall Paper, Ring Tone etc are immediately available on launch.
BSNL also offers high-speed mobile Internet access for PCs and Laptops through the USB Datacard subscription which comes with free all India roaming including Mumbai & Delhi. Convenient 3G data plans ranging from Rs.249 to Rs.2499 are available with both Postpaid & Prepaid options.To give the customers firsthand experience of 3G, Trial Packs have also been launched. As an introductory offer, local and national video calls from home LSA will be charged @30p/min.
BSNL claims now it has approx 300 BTS (mobile towers) are 3G enable in Pune city and another 127 BTS will be activated soon to provide seamless 3G Mobile and High speed Wireless Broadband connectivity across the Pune city.
The BSNL 3G Prepaid SIM Card cost Rs.20 and as an introductory offer the new 3G subscribers will get 200 free video calls, 200 MB Data usage and 2000 Free SMS for 30 days. Beyond free usage Local and STD Video calls will cost just 30 paisa per minute for first 90 days from the date of activation.
Apart from Pune city, BSNL also announced that it will launch the much awaited 3G services in all the District headquarters of the Maharashtra and Goa circle along with 55 major cities including Panjim,-Ngapur, - Aurangabad, -Lonavala,- Baramati,- Beed, -Nashik,- Deolali, Karegaon, = Shiradi,- Kolhapur,- Ulhasnagar,- Bhiwandi, -Vasai, Ratnagiri,- Osmanabad, - Sangli, Jalgaon, -Amravati,- Akola,- Dhule,- Igatpuri,- Satara,- Nandurbar, - Ichalkarnaji, -Karad, Sawantvadi,- Alibagh,- Karjat,- Khopoli, -Mahad, -Pen, - Solapur,- Pandharpur, Washim, -Latur, Bhusawal, -Hingoli, -Jalna, Buldhana, - Wardha, -Yeotmal,- Gondia, -Chandrapur, -Gadchiroli and some more cities in Maharashtra-Goa circle by the end of the year.
More updated data will be available soon. contact the nearest BSNL customer care center for additional information
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) on Monday, June 09, 2008 announced a 50 percent reduction in STD charges on its mobile and landline networks. The new tariffs will be applicable from Tuesday midnight. BSNL landline users according to the new tariff plan will have to pay Rs. 1.20 per minute as against Rs. 2.40 for STD calls to all networks.
1. Activation charge: Rs.500
2. Fixed charges: Rs.599/mth
3. Local Voice Call: Own network 60p/min others Re.1/min
4. Video call: Own network Rs.1.80/min others Rs.3/min
5. STD/ISD & SMS: As per budget plan
6. STD Video call: Rs.3.75/min
7. ISD Video call: Rs.30/min
8. Data @ GPRS/3G/UMTS/HSDPA usage rate: Rs.5/- per MB
9. Data @ HSDPA monthly service charges : Rs.149
10. MMS: Rs.3
The above specified MTNL 3G TARIFF is only applicable at Delhi.The Tariff is at the time of launch. This may vary time to time as by the decision from BSNL. We all know that the tariff is little bit higher than we expected.. Wait for the other competitors,the tariff will go down sooon..
if you are an MTNL 3G user write your opinion as comments...
Saturday, November 27, 2010
Rural population in India is estimated at seven percent of its 1.1 billion population.
The actual rollout – which will be carried out over a period of three years – is expected to begin in December once the auctions to private operators are over.
3G services to date have been patchy and experimental in India. The state- owned telecommunications company Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd has launched a promotional drive in most of New Delhi, charging 1.80 rupees (3.8 U.S. cents) per minute for a video call within the company’s network. Calls to private internal networks, when available, will cost three rupees (6.4 U.S. cents) per minute.
A specialised group drawn from several departments of the prestigious Indian Institute of Technology-Madras, the TeNeT has been tasked with research and product development for the Indian telecom and networking industry as well as driving information technology policy.
Current TeNeT missions include building 50 million broadband connections over the next five years, helping to double the rural GDP of India, making high-quality distance education possible and driving the next generation of wireless standards.
"At TeNeT we are naturally very excited about the rollout of 3G services because video and pictures can help overcome language barriers. For example, very few farmers speak or understand English, and this limits their access to urban markets using voice alone," Jalihal told IPS in a telephone interview from Chennai.
"The possibilities are endless — 3G will positively impact such areas as health services, education, agriculture and governance," said Jalihal. "There will naturally be an increase in public expectations in these areas, and this can dramatically stimulate social change."
Jalihal believes that the introduction of 3G-enabled mobile services will more than make up for the relatively poor penetration of the personal computer (PC) into India's rural areas.
Mobile 3G services can make Internet services more easily accessible compared to using a PC, which needs steady electricity supplies, maintenance, broadband services and other infrastructure which are missing in large swathes of rural India.
"While we are approaching a figure of 500 million mobile subscribers, PC penetration in India remains poor compared to countries like Russia, Brazil and China," Jalihal said.
Internet penetration in India is still seven percent of its population as against neighbouring China's 25.3 percent of its 1.3 billion people. Within Asia, South Korea has the highest Internet penetration covering 77.3 percent of the population, followed by Japan with 74 percent, Singapore with 66 percent, Malaysia and Taiwan, with 65 percent each, according to Internet World Stats, a data-providing website on world Internet usage.
On the other hand, India is currently adding 10 million new mobile subscribers per month on average. The World Bank estimates that every extra 10 mobile phones per 100 people in a typical developing country can boost GDP growth by 0.8 percentage points.
According to the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI), India added more than 30 million new mobile subscribers in the months of July and August. That contrasts with the pre-liberalised era of the 1980s when telephones were considered a luxury and the waiting list for new connections hovered around 20 million applicants.
Privatisation of telecom and mobile technology changed all that. Second- generation or 2G mobile services rapidly seeped down to the grassroots level. Today it is already common to see domestic workers, cab drivers, carpenters, plumbers, vegetable vendors and farmers using mobile phones.
With the advent of 3G, fishermen can negotiate prices for their catch before heading for shore by sending in pictures of the type of fish they have on board. Similarly, farmers and horticulturalists who have perishable produce can take advantage of 3G services to bargain for the best prices before harvesting, bypassing middlemen.
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
The Airtel is providing the service in the four variances of data cards and also below are
The four varities of the Airtel 3G Data cards.
1)Airtel 300G- The Airtel 300G is a devices which has been offered for Rs 3499
with the additional features such as Quad band support as well as UMTS/HSDPA support. The sms facilities, and the plug and play option is another good option in it. The EDGE/GPRS and International roaming are also very well in support of the Airtel 3G devices. Airtel 3G mobile broadband will be working with PC’s and is compatible with the windows 2000/ windows XP and windows Vista operating systems as well as Mac operating systems.
2)Airtel 200G- Airtel 300G devices is being offered for Rs 2499 with the features such as Tri- band support as well as EDGE support. The sms facilities, plug and play option, GSM/GPRS and International roaming are also very well in support of the Airtel 3G devices.
3)Airtel 3G- Airtel 3G devices that is being offered for Rs 3799 with the features such as Quad band support and UMTS/HSDPA with 3.6 MBPS support. Airtel 3G is mainly offered for the broadband users of Notebook and PC’s.
4)Airtel Edge- Airtel Edge devices is offered for Rs 2000 with the features such as Quad band support as well as EDGE support.
The tariff for the Airtel new service that has been launched newly in the Gujarat and the rates have been decided according to the launch of the plan. The new plan is called the Youth plan. And the new plan is coming with the Tariff and the VAS benefits. The new youth plan is fully loaded with the unlimited night calling for Rs.40, free sms and 200 MB free internet.
Also the call rates between Airtel to Airtel is Rs.1 for 20 minutes. And also it provides Free Voice Blog, Mobile Mirchi , Love tips, Games, Friends chat, etc. It is having 200 sms free per day for 365 days, and also 200 MB surfing for 7 days. And also it provide free voice blog where the Airtel community can communicate with the celebrities and also ask them various questions that they want. Then it provides with Mirchi mobile where the customer can listen to the Radio Mirchi FM in any place of the country.
Monday, November 22, 2010
MTNL has revamped its 3G data tariff schemes in Delhi. The telecom player has also introduced four new 3G data coupons for its customers in Delhi.
The four MTNL 3G plans are valued at Rs. 1199, Rs. 950, Rs. 499 and Rs. 41. With this offer, customers can take advantage of a variety of data limits and talk time, depending on which plan they opt for.
Customers opting for the 3G 1199 plan will get free data download of of 6GB, talk time of 45 paisa per minute and validity of 90 days. They also get to send 250 local text messages (SMS) and 100 national SMS’s absolutely free.
People taking the 3G 950 plan will get 50 GB of free data usage, talk time value of 47 paisa and validity of 15days. They also get 150 free local and 50 national SMS’s.
In the two other plans of 3G 499 and 3G 41, customers get free data usage of 25GB and 300 MB respectively. Customers opting for the 3G 499 plan get talk time value of 46 paisa. This plan is valid for 7 days and customers can send 100 local and 50 national SMS’s free.
Whereas, customers opting for 3G 41 plan get talk time value of 18 paisa and validity of 1 day only. They can send 40 local and 20 national SMS’s for free. This is ideal for people visiting the city, who need short duration 3G facilities.
Also, MTNL has launched an e-recharge initiative where two coupons are introduced of 3G 850 and 3G 1099. Both have a validity of 30 days. Free data usage available on the 850 plan is 5 GB and on the 1099 plan is 10 GB. Talk time value offered is 53 paise and 62 paise respectively. This plan comes into effect from October 26.
MTNL has also revised its plans downward slightly. Where the retail price of a data coupon was Rs.750 and offered 2GB of free data usage, it is now available for Rs 650, with the same facilities.
MTNL was the first company in the telecom sector to launch 3G services in India. The other public sector telecom giant BSNL is also coming out with attractive offers on 3G plans. Basically, these two players are trying as many marketing tricks to corner more customers before the private players come into the 3G market.
Take a look on MTNL and BSNL WiMAX
S TEL 3G : S-TEL 3G Service Plans.... Read more about STEL 3G Service.
STel, the Indian unit of Batelco, could launch limited 3G services within 12 months.Company spokemen said "Batelco's Indian operation, STel, could start limited 3G services within the next 12 months, although the company is experiencing delays in its wider 3G deployment plans owing to new restrictions on the import of Chinese telecom equipment into India"...
However, he admitted that customers should not expect 3G services to be available in all three of STel's coverage areas "any time soon" and added that according to its licence agreement, the company was only committed to completing its 3G deployment within five years.
"You will probably see us in the first circle, Bihar or Orissa within 12 months. But 3G is not imminent for us - we are still rolling out 2G and 2.5G capability,"
Furthermore, STel, along with other operators in India, is facing problems importingChinese telecom equipment into the country after the government placed tough - and largely unexplained - restrictions on the imports. Right now we have to overcome the challenge of importing Chinese equipment into India, because that has been halted. The whole industry has been notified about new certification requirements, but what is driving that we don't know.
STel, which is 42.7% owned by Batelco, gained 3G spectrum for three areas of India at a cost of $76 million during last month's 3G auction.
S TEL 3G -S TEL 3G PLANS-S-TEL 3G TARIFF-S TEL 3G Equipments S TEL 3G ASSAM
Reliance Mobiles and Communications have recently launched their 3G ready GSM SIM cards service in few places across India. The critics are really happy at this move since the telecommunication giant had all these days been dependent on their CDMA data transfer communication technology and that’s why their rivals had move quite ahead of them. Now you can have the pleasure of using 3G with a Reliance SIM card. BSNL is the first to launch the 3G spectrum and was giving tough competition to the service provider.
With the launch of the Reliance 3G what people is expecting is that how the company would campaign with their basic plans, tariffs, and other sort of information. If you too have been looking forward to learn about the 3G SIM card and their plans check out the given below information where you can find some information and you may find it handy to choose some best plans to yourself.
1. New connection will cost you 25 Rs. For the New Reliance GSM SIM card only.
2. Local calls and SMS: Re.1
3. National SMS: Rs.1.5
4. National SMS: Rs.1.5
5. STD Calls: Rs. 1.5/-
6. Incoming calls (roaming): Rs. 1/-
7. Free talk time worth Rs 900 to call in Mumbai Maharashtra and Goa
8. Free calls from 11pm to 6am to Reliance CDMA/GSM network
Though Reliance has launched its 3G SIM card just recently, they were however providing the 3G broadband service through their latest Reliance NetConnect Broadband+ Evdo (3G). The Reliance NetConnect Broadband+ Evdo (3G) has been really wonderful since its launch and till now users have been really satisfied with its speed of data transfer, download and upload speed. This is the internet service that you are looking for all you business and personal needs.
The wireless coverage speed is nearly 3.1 Mbps which is excellent. You can download large files in very less time. There is no fluctuation of speed as in case of other USB modems of other network. The uniformity maintained by the Reliance NetConnect Broadband+ Evdo makes it perfect for wireless internet connection.
The 3G Reliance broadband is really a blessing for those who were looking forward to high speed internet service. One have access to internet across 35 cities with such 3G data card and apart from that one can has downlink speed of nearly 3.1 Mbps and 1.8 Mbps uplink speed. Enjoy a new age of broadband with Reliance 3G Evdo Netconnect data card.
As promotional offer Reliance is offering unlimited broadband service for 2 months when you just buy the modem for Rs 3,500/-. After that you can choose any of the plans that are being offered by Reliance Communications. You have night plans, night unlimited plans, nationwide unlimited plans, city based unlimited plans, fixed GB plans and various other plans that suit the needs of individuals.
The covered cities and villages have excellent connectivity as every location within the official territory of the cities and villages have connectivity. You can have a fair knowledge of the connectivity of Reliance Broadband+ Evdo from their official website.
RELIANCE 3G : RCOM 3G PLANS : RELIANCE 3G DATA CARD : RELIANCE INDIA
Sunday, November 21, 2010
Vodafone Launced 3G services in India for Demo purposes.The official launch will be in next year first quarter.The Plans,tariff,coverage, details of Vodafone 3g will be provided soon.Vodafone yesterday demonstrated its 3G services India, with Marten Pieters, MD, Vodafone Essar Ltd, made the first 3G video call from Mumbai to Delhi; it won’t, however, be the first commercial launch of 3G services from a private telco in India: on the other hand, will launch services in the first quarter of 2011, looking to provide customers video calling, high speed Internet, live mobile TV, better gaming experience etc. Vodafone has 3G spectrum in 9 circles – Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Tamil Nadu (including Chennai), Haryana, Uttar Pradesh (E) and West Bengal, for which it paid Rs. 11617.86 crore. Vodafone says that it is exploring opportunities to provide 3G services in other circles as well; it’s likely that it is referring to roaming agreements with other telcos, but it will be interesting if telecom operators ink “franchise agreements” as well. Remember that Vodafone doesn’t have spectrum in three circles which STel has – Himachal Pradesh, Bihar and Orissa.
- Idea Cellular is expecting allotted of spectrum in September, expects all large companies to truly launch services in the months of December, January and February. “You could always sneak in and launch something earlier, but by the time you test, integrate and provision, it would be around that period.” Idea expects to launch 3G services within the 2010-11 fiscal.
- Idea expects 3G to release voice capacity and data, with data being a function of how many people have 3G devices and want to use data, “but inter alia the voice capacity will also be transferred from 2G to 3G, particularly where there is congestion and where there are 3G enabled terminals.”
- Of about Rs. 58 billion for the 3G Spectrum fee, only Rs. 19 billion was short-term debt. As of 30th June 2010, Idea had a total debt of about Rs. 98
– Handset Subsidies: Aga doesn’t believe that handset subsidies will play a big role in India, and it never has. “handset subsidies work when there are two or three operators. So one big handset guy might tie up with someone. These things do not work when there are so many operators on a large term basis. Current handset penetration of 3G in India is still in single digits.(Ed: we think he meant single digit millions)
– Operating cost because of 3G will go up, replacing 2G investments. “So yes, it will open up our cost stream but it will also open up revenue stream. It could be that the cost stream kicks in ahead of the revenue stream.”
– Payback on 3G: it cannot be calculated because 2G flows into 3G, so the costs “flow into one another and the revenues co-live. One way of looking at is if you paid a certain amount of money for 20 year spectrum.”
– Data versus voice margins: worldwide, data demand has increased substantially, but margins have been hard “and there are technical problems around actually billing data which makes it hard.”
– Data Approach: ‘In the beginning data or 3G services were not picking up in Western Europe and USA and there were a lot of “eat as much as you can” plans, which are now becoming problematic. So we will do the sensible thing, we will be very careful. But it is very difficult for me to say because it is a competitive market and it is hard to say what will happen. But we will be sensible about it.” Aga said that they will be serving both voice and data, and doesn’t forsee a data capacity crunch, until about two or three years
– 3G Equipment: Equipment procurement issues not fully resolved for 3G
Mobile Number Portability
- Idea Cellular has been ready for MNP for a long time, and has made enormous investments. Just that “this is one of those things where the slowest camel determines the pace of the caravan, and until everyone is ready it would not happen.”
- MNP will help consolidate stronger players, and will not be disruptive. “we do not think it is going to be game changing at all. Given the fact that, a number of people who are looking to retain their number, who have had their number for years, their revenue contribution to the total national sector revenue is not very large. The nature of the Indian market has changed over the years, so we do not think it is going to be a game changing event.
Indian Market Scenario & Tariffs
- Indian market moved from 6.6 operators per circle (on an average) on 1st January 2009 to 10.2 as of 30th June 2010. However, for the last two years, Idea’s revenue market share has gone up from 9.8% to 12.6% between April 2008 and March 2010, whereas it would have been expected to go down.
- In the last one year, “when we saw the bloodbath at its bloodiest, Idea increased its revenue market share by 0.9%.”
- “In the quarter ended June 2009, that is exactly one year ago, Idea had reported a realized rate of 58 paisa per minute and a variable cost per minute of 44 paisa. For the latest quarter, which is the quarter that just ended, the realized rate itself is down to 44 paisa, which was the variable cost per minute one year ago. Now, if we had stayed at the variable cost one year ago, we would have had a nil EBITDA margin. However, in the quarter that just ended, the variable cost per minute is down to 35 paisa…we are not the lowest in India (in terms of realised rate per minute), but there are indeed very few companies in India or in the world who can run a quality operation at 44 paisa per minute, keep investing in the future, support losses from nine gestating circles and still make a cash profit of over Rs. 700 Crores per quarter. In fact, over the last six to eight quarters, while the world around us might have changed, our cash profits have remained largely steady.”
- Tariffs have declined by about 5.5% on a quarter-on quarter basis.
- But if you see last six months, the decline was steeper in the first three of these six months. Since then, the decline, say, from March, April to June, has been slower. It appears that the rate of decline is slowing. That means there is a tendency to flatten, based on pure numbers.
- “(Tariff) Bloodbaths don’t happen because anyone wants it. They happen because you have a situation where no one is in control. You get sucked into it. But looking at the economic analysis, if a large number of companies are burning cash, it places an inherent restriction for long term. In short term you can always get some adventurous or courageous bank to lend money and they are plenty of them in India. But at some point of time, the chickens come home to roost and I think those days are not very far away. So I would be surprised if you have another round of bloodbath”
Enjoy 100MB free data to try out 3G. Post 100MB your 2G Data Rates will apply (including packs)
How to experience 3G Life ?
Tata DOCOMO subscribers:-
* Your existing 2G SIM cards have already been upgraded to 3G – free of cost!
* Dial 1800-266-0000 from your mobile and you will be guided on getting on to the world of 3G
* You will be told if your area is currently under commercial 3G services
* You can also get a host of information about Tata DOCOMO 3G Life
Non-Tata DOCOMO subscriber:-
* Dial 1800-266-0000 from your Non Tata DOCOMO mobile and you will be guided on getting on to the world of 3G
* You will be told if you can get 3G services in your area, if so its time to get hold of a Tata DOCOMO SIM
* All Tata DOCOMO SIM cards in the market are 3G ready
* Grab a Tata DOCOMO SIM from your nearest retailer, today
* Follow the process above for Tata DOCOMO subscribers
Cities where the offer is available:
Tata Docomo 3G services are getting rapidly rolled out across the 9 telecom Circles.
Services have been launched in – Rajkot, Bharuch, Ambala, Karnal, Panipat, Thanesar, Chandigarh, Mohali, Panchkula, Jalandhar, Patiala, Bhopal, Udaipur, Kota, Meerut, Muzaffarnagar, Roorkee, Modinagar, Shirdi & Bangalore.
Only a start – more cities are getting rolled out every day!
Beginning 5th November 2010,12.00 a.m. till 11th November 2010, 11.59 p.m. only
Cellular operator Aircel today announced the launch of its GSM mobile service in Punjab and said that it would scale up its investment to Rs 1,000 crore by end of 2011 on network expansion in the state. "We have invested a sum of Rs 350 crore for entering Punjab market and we intend to raise the
level of investment
to Rs 1,000 crore by end of 2011", Company’s Chief Operating Officer, Gurdeep Singh said today.
He added, “We are introducing our products and services uniquely tailored to meet special needs of customers and our
focus will be on tapping SME, youth and family dependents in this potential market.”
With the launch, Aircel has now become the eighth player in Punjab market besides Airtel, Reliance, Tata Docomo, Idea, Vodafone, BSNL and Videocon.
The mobile operator is also planning to commence its 3G services by end of December this year across all the 13
circles after it paid Rs 6,500 crore to government in a bid to acquire the 3G license.
"Launch of 3G could be in two phases but we will attempt to launch 3G in all the circles by end of this year since
spectrum will be released in September itself”, he said.
These 3G USB modem starts from Rs.1999. These USB modems are designed to deliver the heaviest of data at different speeds. Tata DOCOMO also claims that there USB Modem is furnished to fit all business consignments of its users! All Data Cards have function to dial & receive calls & SMS/text messages when plugged into your desktop or laptop.
These USB Data Cards will give you instant access to High speed wireless Internet connectivity at anytime, anywhere with up to 3.6 Mbps,7.2 Mbps and 21.6 Mbps (depends on device) of speed for laptops and other computing devices.Airtel 3G services are offered in four variances of data cards. The following are the four varieties of Airtel 3G data cards.
- Airtel 3G- Airtel 3G devices is offered for Rs 3799 with the features such as Quad band support and UMTS/HSDPA with 3.6 MBPS support. The sms facilities, plug and play option, EDGE/GPRS and International roaming are also very well in support of the Airtel 3G devices. Airtel 3G is mainly offered for the broadband users of Notebook and PC’s. Airtel 3G mobile broadband will be working with PC’s and is compatible with the windows 2000/ windows XP and windows Vista operating systems as well as Mac operating systems.
- Airtel Edge- Airtel Edge devices is offered for Rs 2000 with the features such as Quad band support as well as EDGE support. The sms facilities, plug and play option, EDGE/GPRS and International roaming are also very well in support of the Airtel 3G devices. Airtel 3G is mainly offered for the broadband users of Notebook and PC’s. Airtel 3G mobile broadband will be working with PC’s and is compatible with the windows 2000/ windows XP and windows Vista operating systems as well as Mac operating systems.
- Airtel 300G- Airtel 300G devices is offered for Rs 3499 with the features such as Quad band support as well as UMTS/HSDPA support. The sms facilities, plug and play option, EDGE/GPRS and International roaming are also very well in support of the Airtel 3G devices. Airtel 3G is mainly offered for the broadband users of Notebook and PC’s. Airtel 3G mobile broadband will be working with PC’s and is compatible with the windows 2000/ windows XP and windows Vista operating systems as well as Mac operating systems.
- Airtel 200G- Airtel 300G devices is offered for Rs 2499 with the features such as Tri- band support as well as EDGE support. The sms facilities, plug and play option, GSM/GPRS and International roaming are also very well in support of the Airtel 3G devices. Airtel 3G is mainly offered for the broadband users of Notebook and PC’s. Airtel 3G mobile broadband will be working with PC’s and is compatible with the windows 2000/ windows XP and windows Vista operating systems as well as Mac operating systems.
HSDPA USB Modem
Download speed: Max. 3.6 Mbps
Upload speed: Max. 384 Kbps
Price: Rs. 1999
HSUPA USB Modem
Download speed: Max. 7.2 Mbps
Upload speed: Max. 5.76 Mbps
Price: Rs. 2600
HSPA+ USB Modem
Download speed: Max. 21.6 Mbps
Upload speed: Max. 5.76 Mbps
Price: Rs. 3500
Airtel 3G pans are offered s postpaid and prepaid to the consumers. Earlier, there were plans to launch only prepaid services in India by Airtel 3G. But finally, the launch of prepaid and postpaid services took place.
- Standard plan- in this Airtel 3G postpaid plan, the consumer needs to pay Rs 49 per month plus will be get a tariff as Rs 0.10ps/ 10kb. On an undo monthly rental of Rs 149, the consumer will be charged Rs 1.99/min or local calls and Rs 2.99/min for STD calls. The sms tariff will be Rs 2/sms and Rs 5 for international sms.
- Plan 1- in this Airtel 3G postpaid plan, the consumer needs to pay Rs 350 per month plus will get a tariff as Rs 5/MB. Extra 500mb is offered as free of charge. Any additional usage will be levied. On a separate monthly payment of Rs 149, the consumer will be charged Rs 1.99/min or local calls and Rs 2.99/min for STD calls. The sms tariff will be Rs 2/sms and Rs 5 for international sms.
- Plan 2- in this Airtel 3G postpaid plan, the consumer needs to pay Rs 599 per month plus will get a tariff as Rs 3/MB. Extra 1GB is offered as free. Any additional usage will be levied. Free sms of 100 are obtainable for free of charge. On a separate monthly leasing of Rs 149, the consumer will be charged Rs 1.99/min or local calls as well as Rs 2.99/min for STD calls. The sms tariff will be Rs 2/sms and Rs 5 for international sms.
- Surf unlimited- in this Airtel 3G postpaid plan, the consumer needs to reimburse Rs 999 per month and will be offered unlimited data custom. Free 100 sms are offered to the consumer as well. On a separate monthly hire of Rs 149, the consumer will get a tariff of Rs 1.99/min or local calls plus Rs 2.99/min for STD calls. The sms tariff will be Rs 2/sms plus Rs 5 for international sms.
Airtel 3G prepaid plans
- Standard plan- the consumer will get a tariff as 20ps/50kb data under normal charges plus the local voice calls will be levied as Rs 1/minute. The STD calls will be levied as Rs 1.5/min plus the sms are charged as Rs 1/sms.
- Plan 1- for a monthly hire of Rs 349, the consumer will get a tariff as 20ps/50kb data under normal charges plus the local voice calls will be charged as Rs 1/minute. The STD calls will be levied as Rs 1.5/min and the sms are charged as Rs 1/sms. Free 500MB data is executable as free as bonus.
- Plan 2- for a monthly leasing of Rs 599, the customer will be charged as 20ps/50kb data under normal charges and the local voice calls will be charged as Rs 1/minute. The STD calls will be charged as Rs 1.5/min and the sms are charged as Rs 1/sms. Free 1GB data is offered as free as bonus.
- Plan 3- for a monthly leasing of Rs 899, the user will be charged as 20ps/50kb data under normal charges and the local voice calls will be charged as Rs 1/minute. The STD calls will be charged as Rs 1.5/min and the sms are charged as Rs 1/sms. Free 2GB data is offered as free as bonus.
Note-all the above said Airtel 3G postpaid plus prepaid plans will modify without prior intimation and may diverge from state to state in India.
Bharti Airtel today said it will commercially launch 3G, or third-generation, services by the end of next month.
"We are on track to launch 3G services by the end of this year," Bharti Airtel CMD Sunil Mittal said at a press conference to launch a new brand identity for the company.Making the first video call on the beta version of 3G, Mittal said the industry hopes to see some improvement in margins as the new services will increase usage of data.
Bharti won spectrum (radio waves) for 3G services in 13 of the country's 22 telecom service areas in the auction held by the government earlier this year.
Its competitor, Tata DoCoMo, the GSM arm of Tata Teleservices has already launched 3G services in nine circles where it has spectrum.
Besides, state-owned firms BSNL and MTNL are offering 3G services in the country.
Another major private player, Vodafone, plans to launch the services in the January-March quarter of 2011.
The country’s largest telecom service provider Bharti Airtel has touched the 200-million subscriber base, out of which over 150 million are Indian subscribers. To mark the occasion, the company unveiled its new brand logo aimed at synergising all its global operations.
The company, which had acquired Zain Telecom operations in 15 African countries earlier this year at $10.7 billion, will change the brand name to Airtel from Zain on Friday. The company’s new look would be launched in Bangladesh within the next 30 days and in Sri Lanka in a couple of weeks, said Bharti Airtel Chairman and Managing Director Sunil Bharti Mittal.
Besides the logo, the company has also changed the signature Airtel tune with a new one by music composer A R Rehman.
“Today as we expand on the global stage, this new brand identity gives us the opportunity to present a single powerful and unified face to our customers, stakeholders and partners around the world,” said Mittal.
The company, however, refused to reveal the investment figures. Bharti Airtel will also launch its much-awaited 3G mobile services by the end of next month. Bharti had won spectrum for 3G services in 13 circles.
“Telecom is a very capital intensive sector and we need serious commitment of investment in the sector for its development... don’t take this sector for granted. We are subject for all regulatory policies. We subject ourselves to whatever policy change,” he said.
Tata DoCoMo, the GSM arm of Tata Teleservices, has already launched 3G services in nine circles where it has spectrum. Besides, state-run firms BSNL and MTNL are already offering 3G services. While Vodafone Essar plans to launch its 3G services by the end of the first quarter of 2011.
AIRTEL LOGO-AIRTEL 3G
DoCoMo 3G Life Plans-Tariff-Offers-Bandwidth-Data usage plans
click on the image for a better view of plans and rates...
If you want augmented bandwidth, multiple mobile applications and clarity of digital signals, then 3G (Thrid Generation Technology) is your gateway. GSM technology was able to transfer circuit switched data over the network. The use of 3G technology is also able to transmit packet switch data efficiently at better and increased bandwidth. 3G mobile technologies proffers more advanced services to mobile users. It can help many multimedia services to function. The spectral efficiency of 3G technology is better than 2G technologies. Spectral efficiency is the measurement of rate of information transfer over any communication sytem. 3G is also known as IMT-2000
3G technology and 3g Technologies characteristics
3G technologies make use of TDMA and CDMA. 3G (Thrid Generation Technology) technologies make use of value added services like mobile television, GPS (global positioning system) and video conferencing. The basic feature of 3G Technology (Thrid Generation Technology) is fast data transfer rates. However this feature is not currently working properly because, ITU 200 is still making decision to fix the data rates. It is expected that 2mbit/sec for stationary users, while 348kbits when moving or traveling. ITU sell various frequency rates in order to make use of broadband technologies. Network authentication has won the trust of users, because the user can rely on its network as a reliable source of transferring data.3G technology is much flexible, because it is able to support the 5 major radio technologies. These radio technologies operate under CDMA, TDMA and FDMA.CDMA holds for IMT-DS (direct spread), IMT-MC (multi carrier). TDMA accounts for IMT-TC (time code), IMT-SC (single carrier). FDMA has only one radio interface known as IMT-FC or frequency code. Third generation technology is really affordable due to the agreement of industry. This agreement took pace in order to increase its adoption by the users. 3G (Thrid Generation Technology) system is compatible to work with the 2G technologies. 3G (Thrid Generation Technology) technologies holds the vision that they should be expandable on demand. The aim of the 3G (Thrid Generation Technology) is to allow for more coverage and growth with minimum investment.3G technologies (Third Generation Technologies)
There are many 3G technologies as W-CDMA, GSM EDGE, UMTS, DECT, WiMax and CDMA 2000.Enhanced data rates for GSM evolution or EDGE is termed to as a backward digital technology, because it can operate with older devices. EDGE allows for faster data transfer than existing GSM.EDGE was introduced by AT& T in 2003.EDGE has increased the GSM coverage up to three times more. EDGE is a 3G Technology (Thrid Generation Technology); therefore it can be used for packet switched systems. Universal mobile telecommunications systems .UMTS conforms to ITU IMT 2000 standard. It is complex network and allows for covering radio access, core network and USIM (subscriber identity module). It is a relatively expensive technology for the network operators because it requires new and separate infrastructure for its coverage. The GSM is the base of this technology. CDMA is also referred to as IMT-MC. this technology is close to 2G technology GSM because it is also backward compatible. Digital enhanced cordless telecommunications (DECT) is another 3G Technology (Thrid Generation Technology). DETC was developed by European telecommunications standards institute; however it is now widely popular in the other countries of the world as well. It runs over a frequency of 1900Mhz. WiMax is a 3G Technology (Thrid Generation Technology) and it is referred to as worldwide interoperability for microwave access. It is a wireless technology. It transmits variety of wireless signals. It can be operated on the multi point and point modes. it is portable technology. This technology is based on the wireless internet access. Name of the WiMax was developed in 2001 by WiMax forum. This technology removes the need for wires and is capable enough to provide 10mbits/sec. it can connect you to hotspot,