BSNL 3G customer always wonders how to check 3G Data usage in their data cards or in IPAD. In order to provide better quality service to its consumers BSNL has recently started USSD based service to check the 3G data usage/balance directly from their IPAD or from their 3G Data cards.
Also customers can know the data balance of any BSNL sim card being used in the IPAD or Data cards through other operators mobile connection by paying a small amount of money charged by the respective operators for standard SMS services.
This service has been started in the Chennai and RoTN Circle only and expected to expand to other part of the country very soon.
How to check BSNL 3G Data Balance.
In Data Cards --
- In data card dailer interface, their is a place for USSD service. Just go their and type *124*1# and hit to send button, within few seconds the updated balance will be available on the screen.
- You can also dial *123*10# in USSD interface to know the Data Balance from 3G Data Cards.
- You can also send SMS directly through the Data cards via Text massage interface given in the data card dailer software. Just type DATA3G and send to 53733 and get your current Data balace on the screen in the form of SMS.
In IPAD --
- Process is same as of the Data cards. Just type *124*1# and press Enter button, Balance will be shown on the screen.
- Balance can also be known by sending SMS DATA3G to 53733. Balance will be received in the form of SMS.
From BSNL mobile numbers
- Know the Data usage or balance of your data card from any other BSNL mobile. Just send a SMS in the following format. DATA3G
mobile number of the DATA CARD/ iPAD in 10 digit and send to 53733
From mobile numbers of any other operator
- Send SMS in the format of - DATA3G
mobile number of the DATA CARD/ iPAD in 10 digit and send to 9442253733. SMS will charged as per the customer’s plan with his operator.
It should be noted that this service is currently applicable only for Chennai & RoTN Circle so there is no guarantee that it will work in other circle or not. You can use the *123*10# in the USSD interface to know the Data balance. This number was mainly used for checking data balance for 2G GPRS/EDGE services but also works for 3G Data service in some of the circle. So you should make a try to check the balance from this number.
Further you can contact Customer care at 121 to check any similar service is available in your circle or not.